See the best early-stage startups in the Carolinas compete to win a spot in the SoGal Global Pitch Competition in San Francisco.
Hosted in 25+ cities around the world, and culminating in a global final competition and 3-day immersive educational bootcamp in Silicon Valley, this is an unprecedented pitch opportunity for women and diverse entrepreneurs worldwide.
Startups apply here if you:
- are pre-Series A (raised less than $3M)
- have at least one woman or diverse founder
- are able to travel to Charlotte to pitch August 27 and 28th
The top teams selected from each regional round will join the final global pitch competition and bootcamp in Silicon Valley, for guaranteed face time with top VCs and angel investors, curated educational programming, 1:1 mentorship, top tier press exposure, and a chance to win investment capital. Over half a million (and counting) investment dollars have already been allocated to the final competition from our friends at SoGal Ventures and Draper U.
The final pitch round & three-day educational bootcamp will be held in San Francisco on February 28-March 1, 2020. Winners will win airfare for up to 2 founders and accommodations in San Francisco.
As a SoGal Chapter, we invite any founder willing to travel to Charlotte on August 27 and 28th. On the 27th, selected startups will meet to prepare for the competition. Teams must be in Charlotte for both dates. On Wednesday, August 28th:
- 7-15 startups, selected by an impartial SoGal jury, will be chosen to compete
- Each startup will have a 4-minute pitch, two-minute Q/A
- 1-3 winners will be selected by local investors to go to the final competition and bootcamp in San Francisco
Agenda on August 28th:
- 5 p.m.: Networking, food-truck dinner and drinks
- 6 p.m.: Pitch Competition begins
- 7:30: Winners announced!
Deadline to apply: August 1. Apply now.